If you’ve been reading. my blogs the last few days you’ll know that I am talking a lot about winning the 3 awards given to my partners and myself by the 10th Annual International Entrepreneur’s Convention of Asia.
One of our awards was for the ” Brand of the Year. ” What’s pretty cool is that it was for brand of the year in the direct sales space. Pretty cool right?
So what does it take to become the brand of the year in not only in this space but any space?
Some may say it takes big marketing dollars, fancy TV commercials, hiring digital influencers to promote your company, having tons of connections in the media world. While all the above is true, I’m here to tell you that it can happen for smaller, mom and pop brands too.
Although it’s not going to happen overnight, know that if you put your energy in building your brand make sure you do it right from day one.
Here are some of the things you can do to start building your brand now:
- Figure out your USP (unique selling proposition). Without this, you’re not able to assess how to promote your brand.
- Ask yourself what kind of value you’re going to deliver to your customers and how you’re going to translate that into building relationships.
- Assess the 3-4 things of what your brand represents.
- Develop a mission and vision statement that you believe in.
- Know who you’re targeting and their motivations.
Once you’re able to put it on paper, you’ll be on you’re way in building your brand.